Re: [Tails-dev] minitube (Youtube client)

Autor: Alessandro Grassi
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] minitube (Youtube client)
2012/12/1, intrigeri <intrigeri@???>:
> Any clean (i.e. non-torsocks) way to make it use SOCKS instead?

There isn't any socks-specific code, but it uses QNetworkProxy class
which supports socks5 too. A patch should be doable.

> One should think of potential security issues and anonymity problems.

I will have a look at network requests with wireshark, to see what
happens and what gets sent. Any other idea/method?

> Also, I'd like to be sure we're not affected by Debian bug #666773.

That problem happened to me sometimes, but I'm unsure if it's your bug
or my bad internet connection. I will check if I see the triple "about
to finish" message in console, which looks like the bug's signature.

Greetings

Alessandro