Re: [Tails-dev] minitube (Youtube client)

Autor: intrigeri
Para: Alessandro Grassi
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] minitube (Youtube client)
Hi,

Alessandro Grassi wrote (30 Nov 2012 17:22:12 GMT) :
> I tested minitube on Tails 0.15. It's a standalone Youtube client which
> does not need flash player (and can download videos, too).

Awesome!

To ease further testing, I've prepared a backport of minitube 1.9-1,
and pushed a feature/minitube branch that installs it + the GStreamer
Phonon backend. I've not tested it yet.

> It works fine for me, both playback and downloading, and it automatically
> uses system's HTTP proxy (127.0.0.1:8118).

Any clean (i.e. non-torsocks) way to make it use SOCKS instead?

(I'd like us to stop shipping a HTTP proxy entirely soon,
so I'm wary of adding applications than rely on it.)

> What about including it in the next release?

If it's ready on time before the freeze, then I'd be totally happy to
ship it in Tails 0.16. Else it will be for the next one: a nice
advantage of a 6-weeks release cycle is that missing a deadline is not
the end of the world :)

> Does it need more testing?

The proposed branch must be tested, sure.

One should think of potential security issues and anonymity problems.

Also, I'd like to be sure we're not affected by Debian bug #666773.

Once everything looks good on these sides, we'll need the user and
design documentation updates too.

That's a lot, but that's all I think :)

Thank you very much.