Re: [Tails-dev] Stop shipping bugs/* and todo/* in ISO?

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Temas novos: Re: [Tails-dev] Stop shipping bugs/* and todo/* in ISO?
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Stop shipping bugs/* and todo/* in ISO?
Hi,

anonym wrote (30 Nov 2012 13:10:52 GMT) :
>> (We're going to move all of this to a dedicated task manager, so this
>> will happen anyway, so I'd like to get the shortest build time as soon
>> as possible.)
>>
>> Thoughts?

> Why do we want to remove them?
> Currently:

> 3.2M    todo
> 1.4M    bugs

> so it's not a huge reduction of image size (the above numbers don't take
> compression into account). Of course, any "free" reduction is welcome.

As said above: shortest build time.
I did not even think of the image size, actually :)

> However, an issue this would bring is that bugs/ and todo/ are
> referenced on several places in doc/ and contribute/. Check e.g.

>     git grep 'bugs/\|todo/' wiki/src/{doc,contribute}

> Without having checked whether these references are all necessary, this
> is something we'd have to take into account.

Good catch. I've had a quick look, and the only one that seems really
problematic is the link to bugs/pending from the bug reporting doc.

Anyhow, indeed it's not *that* easy, but it'll have to be done as part
of the migration to a different task manager, so I have added to
todo/better_task_manager:

  * [[!taglink todo/documentation]]: make sure our offline doc makes
    sense without `todo/*` and `bugs/*`

Say this is done. Do we agree with the initial proposal?