Re: [Tails-dev] Stop shipping bugs/* and todo/* in ISO?

Autor: anonym
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Stop shipping bugs/* and todo/* in ISO?
29/11/12 23:24, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how about we stop shipping bugs/* and todo/* in Tails ISO?
>
> Historically, I've been keen on shipping bugs/* on grounds that users
> who did not manage to connect to the Internet could look in there in
> case there was a known issue about that, but well, in practice, I see
> no currently open bug that would be useful in such cases, so...
>
> (We're going to move all of this to a dedicated task manager, so this
> will happen anyway, so I'd like to get the shortest build time as soon
> as possible.)
>
> Thoughts?

Why do we want to remove them? Currently:

3.2M    todo
1.4M    bugs

so it's not a huge reduction of image size (the above numbers don't take
compression into account). Of course, any "free" reduction is welcome.

However, an issue this would bring is that bugs/ and todo/ are
referenced on several places in doc/ and contribute/. Check e.g.

    git grep 'bugs/\|todo/' wiki/src/{doc,contribute}

Without having checked whether these references are all necessary, this
is something we'd have to take into account.

Cheers!