Re: [Tails-dev] TorBirdy: first impressions

Autor: intrigeri
Para: Jacob Appelbaum
CC: tails-dev, Sukhbir Singh
Temas novos: Re: [Tails-dev] TorBirdy: first impressions
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] TorBirdy: first impressions
Hi,

Jacob Appelbaum wrote (22 Jun 2012 01:00:01 GMT) :
>> On the only OS family I happen to know a bit, the tools that provide
>> nice integration of GnuPG in the desktop (read: agent functionality
>> provided by Seahorse and friends) are user-based and don't support
>> per-profile --homedir.

> But why would that matter? Enigmail can specify the keys to be used in
> the config, no?

IIRC it does, but I've no clue if this information is used for
decryption.

>> With my Tails developer hat on, given Tails currently does not provide
>> #3.b, the worse that could happen is that we ship icedove +
>> TorBirdy without #3.b either. Anything *better* that TorBirdy would
>> give us would be welcome bonus, though :)

> What do we need to fix or do for you to ship TorBirdy?

The roadmap there is up-to-date, I believe:
https://tails.boum.org/todo/Return_of_Icedove__63__/#index3h1

tl;dr version:

  - TorBirdy Debian packaging (Jacob)
  - infrastructure (waiting for our server, but once the relevant
    Puppet module is cleaned up and published, anyone can help for the
    APT repository setup / workflow)
  - upstreaming autoconfig patches (ask anonym if he needs help)
  - general integration / testing / polishing
  - documentation