Re: [Tails-dev] preparing Tails 0.8

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] preparing Tails 0.8
08/31/2011 06:01 PM, intrigeri:
>> See the feature/i2p-0.8.8 branch,
>
> I wonder why you dropped into config/chroot_local-packages/ some
> binary packages that are available in Debian. Namely, the very same
> versions of junit4, junit and libhamcrest-java are part of Squeeze.

Because there was an error in my head :). Removed now. Great, another
570 KB of binary junk in the git repo!

> Also, slightly older versions of libservice-wrapper-java,
> libservice-wrapper-jni and service-wrapper-java are part of Debian
> experimental. What prevents us from using these? Anyway, I think we
> should at least ping the maintainer of those packages in Debian and
> see if he is still interested in it, and possibly asking appropriate
> people (maybe some Java packaging team I guess) to take them over if
> needed.

And another 310 KB! I honestly didn't think about checking in
experimental... fixed now.

In the future I will be more careful by checking for existing debian
packages in similar situations.

> To end with, if not done yet, I'd like RFP bugs to be submitted to
> Debian for every package we ship ourselves because they're not in
> Debian; this seems to boil down to i2p, i2p-router and libjbigi-jni as
> far as i2p is concerned.

It's underway: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=448638

Cheers!