Re: [Tails-dev] preparing Tails 0.8

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] preparing Tails 0.8
hi,

anonym wrote (31 Aug 2011 11:34:29 GMT) :
> Due to popular demand (there's actually some people promoting Tails on
> #i2p, but there's been much complaints about it being outdated) I've
> upgraded i2p to the latest stable release (0.8 -> 0.8.8),

Great! :)

> See the feature/i2p-0.8.8 branch,

I wonder why you dropped into config/chroot_local-packages/ some
binary packages that are available in Debian. Namely, the very same
versions of junit4, junit and libhamcrest-java are part of Squeeze.

Also, slightly older versions of libservice-wrapper-java,
libservice-wrapper-jni and service-wrapper-java are part of Debian
experimental. What prevents us from using these? Anyway, I think we
should at least ping the maintainer of those packages in Debian and
see if he is still interested in it, and possibly asking appropriate
people (maybe some Java packaging team I guess) to take them over if
needed.

To end with, if not done yet, I'd like RFP bugs to be submitted to
Debian for every package we ship ourselves because they're not in
Debian; this seems to boil down to i2p, i2p-router and libjbigi-jni as
far as i2p is concerned.

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>