[blag-users] Is GLX going in Kernel libre now its free.

Author: oswaldkelso
To: blag-users
Subject: [blag-users] Is GLX going in Kernel libre now its free.

jebba wrote:

> The code was in mesa and X, AFAIK, not the kernel. You should be fine.
>
> Acer one uses ath5k?

Sorry I misunderstood, I thought it was something to do with a "blob".
Regarding the wifi on the Acer one and ath5k. I found this thread.

http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1993&start=30&st=0

" I've been compiling the latest 2.6.27 snapshots and have my config pruned down quite a bit. No need for external wifi drivers anymore..."

It seems that it does work on the acer though I've not tried it. At the moment I have my usual Debian install on it, no contrib or non free so no wifi, but I did try the Huawei e160g and Huawei e169 HSDPA modems both worked with the gpl'd vodafone driver, just not at my home! I live in a mobile phone blackspot. If the ath5k bit could be added to kernel libre it would be nice :) I have no idea if this is at all possible.
I have downloaded freeeee and set aside a partition for it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sent using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com).

Read this topic online here:
http://forums.blagblagblag.org/viewtopic.php?p=26271#26271