[Badgirlz-list] Grepgrrl_IRCchannel

Autor: Errata
Asunto: [Badgirlz-list] Grepgrrl_IRCchannel
From: http://grepgrrl.org

#grep|grrl is a quite young IRCchannel on
irc.indymedia.org. it is a
space of mutual exchange and open discussions on
computers, free
software and linux. it is made by girls for girls but
not exclusive:
not
all of us are geeks, not all feminist, not all are
girls.

at first #grep|grrl should only be a virtual exchange
space. but since
we realized that many women wanted to learn stuff not
by reading docs,
but by being involved InRealLife we decided to go a
little further
together.

participate!

from july 5 to 9, 2005 the "rencontres mondiales du
logiciel libre" [1]
will be held in dijon/france.

#grep|grrl will intervene in this context during the
"nocturnes" [2],
the evening events of the RMLL together with hacklab
print [3] and
french network connectFr [4] at "les tanneries" which
is a collectively
managed space in dijon.

still discussing about the details of this event,
there will be an
independent space with the mission of empowering girls
and women (we
organize small, rather informal workshops) and to
promote activities of
women in free software and open source.

we'd like to show videos there on one evening of
people who are
concerned by the subject and would like to ask
everyone of you to
participate by interviewing yourself with a
camera/webcam and sending
us
your video.
we put up some questions you could use as a guideline
for your video.
[2]

if you don't have a camera but would like to
participate nevertheless,
please answer to our survey. [5]

furthermore, during the daily events we try to invite
people (together
with [6]) involved with the genderissue.. to be
continued..

if you would like to participate in any of our live
video conferences
as
speaker (one could imagine a discussion, a
techCoursesBroadcast or
anything else) please please send us an email.

thanks a lot for your cooperation.

-------------------
[1] free software meetings >>
http://rencontresmondiales.org
[2] http://grepgrrl.poivron.org/pages/nocturnes/
[3] https://print.squat.net
[4] this is the french plug'n'politix =>
https://wiki.boum.org/ConnectFr
[5]
http://grepgrrl.poivron.org/pages/nocturnes/survey.php
[6] http://wiki.libroscope.org