Re: [Tails-dev] Security implications: moving code from Ver…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Security implications: moving code from Verification Extension to our website
jvoisin:
>> General security implications
>> -----------------------------
>>
>> The question we are asking ourselves is: are there any predictable
>> downsides to move the verification code from an extension to the website?
>
> I don't see any significant downsides.

Ok, that's a pretty straight-forward statement :)

Actually, I wanted to have you Julien involved in this discussion
because I thought I remembered you saying in the past that doing the
verification in the extension was be a safer place than doing it
directly on the website.

But again, I'm completely ignorant on these matters and I will trust you
blindly if you tell me that it won't be a security to do the
verification on the website.

> I think that having the verification happening on the website will
> vastly improve the user experience and is a great idea.

Yeap. With my UX hat on, I couldn't agree more :)

--
sajolida