Re: [Tails-testers] #16389 / tails fails to start a second t…

Author: u
To: Tails list for early testers, Takuo
CC: nagasawa
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] #16389 / tails fails to start a second time on some computers / additional symptom on the issue
Dear Takuo

> Tails ver-3.12 fails to start a second time systematically on my
> computer : Intel Core - i7 CPU860@2.80GHz x8 ( HPE-140ch
> <cid:part1.EDD5072F.F4E27157@???> ) 8GB memory.
>
> After each second USB-key (Toshiba THNU08HAYWHT-6, 8GB) boot with> ver-3.12, the USB-key becomes unbootable.

Thank you very much for your report!

> I would like to add the symptom :
>
>    When I put another USB-key with  Tails ver-3.11 in parallel during
>    the first boot with ver-3.12, not only the USB-key ver-3.12 but also
>    the USB key with ver-3.11 becomes unbootable *at the same time* on
>    the second boots.
>    The BIOS recognizes the presence of both USB-keys in every
>    circumstance, on boot devices select page.

Let me get this straight:

you put both keys and try too boot from 3.12. It does not work. So you
select another boot device and then 3.11 also does not boot.
And when you only boot the 3.11 it works?

Can you try and report back the workaround:
https://tails.boum.org/news/version_3.12/index.en.html#index2h1 ?

Thanks!
u.