[Tails-dev] Persistent storage creation accessibility issues…

Author: Cory Samaha
To: tails-dev
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] Persistent storage creation accessibility issues with Orca
Subject: [Tails-dev] Persistent storage creation accessibility issues with Orca
Hi,

I could be in the wrong place, so just feel free to let me know if I should direct this somewhere else. I emailed the Orca screen reader list today with a query regarding the accessibility of the persistent storage volume creation tool. While I do see a bug that seems somewhat related on Redmine Bug #7503, it seems that this only refers to error messages. In contrast, I couldn’t get any portion of this tool to read with Orca, never mind the error messages. So, I could be doing something wrong, but I don’t think this is limited to just error messages? If there is a way to manage persistence through the terminal and not have to use the GUI, that might be another solution. Does that exist?

Also, while we are on the subject of Tails accessibility with Orca, I tried to use the auto update tool (I believe called senity) to update from 3.12 to 3.12.1. Unfortunately, this tool does not seem to read either. When trying to subvert the GUI and run tails-upgrade-frontend-wrapper from terminal, I did get a notification that an update was available, immediately followed by the text **WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus. While it seemed that I could type “Upgrade now" or “Upgrade later”, it dumped me back into the graphical interface which, again, does not read with Orca. I’m just trying to figure out if this is an issue with Orca or the way Tails is developed, and if you have ongoing discussions with the Orca developers? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,
Cory