Re: [Tails-ux] Announcing a collaboration with Simply Secure…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Announcing a collaboration with Simply Secure on explaining Tails
sajolida:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm super excited to let you know that we will work this summer with
> Simply Secure [1] on explaining Tails; which, I think, is one of the
> most important items on our roadmap [2].
>
> [1]: https://simplysecure.org/
> [2]: https://tails.boum.org/contribute/roadmap/
>
> The work with Simply Secure will not directly result in a rewrite of our
> homepage and related content but it will lay solid foundations for that.
>
> A lot of the work will be done in-person at the Tails summit but the
> preparation and follow up work will happen on a public blueprint [3],
> this mailing list, and voice calls. The voice calls won't be public but
> you can ask us if you want to join.
>
> Check the blueprint to learn more about our plans:
>
> [3]: https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/explain_tails/simsec/

Following up on this we started brainstorming about 3 core aspects of
this work:

1. How to improve our explanation of Tails, its features and properties.
2. A new tagline (to replace "The Amnesic Incognito Live System").
3. Metaphor or ideas to make our explanation visual.

The current state of our brainstorming is on this pad:

https://pad.riseup.net/p/tails-brainstorm

Please have a look and add whatever you think is relevant on there.
Maybe don't remove anything but rather comment on the things that you
find problematic or disagree with.

Also let me know once you edited the pad so I can have a look -- in case
it's later on vandalized :)

This content will serve us as a basis of the workshops we'll have a the
summit.

--
sajolida