Re: [mat-dev] Sincere request to update MAT for Tails

Author: \"SELBSTSCHUTZ (TEMP)\"
To: intrigeri
CC: tails-support-private@boum.org, mat-dev@boum.org
Subject: Re: [mat-dev] Sincere request to update MAT for Tails
Good evening intrigeri and highly respected developers of MAT,

thanks for replying directly to us. Please find our answers to the current state below.

>MAT has never pretended to support video files though, has it?

You're right. We just noticed that on mat.boum.org it says that MPEG Audio is only supported. Yet I am sure that cleaning video files would be great for whistleblowers too.

> I would love to see this happen too, but so far no patch in this
> direction was contributed. I"m afraid that neither your "me too" nor
> mine will make the code appear :/

Probably. We know that MAT previusly was on GitHub, but jvoisin pulled it from there again. Thing is, marketing this wonderful tool has not yet happened much. If you could open a public ticket on the Tails ticket system (it should definately be added to the [long-standing known issues](https://tails.boum.org/support/known_issues/index.en.html) list in Tails), I'm sure those funky developers will help contributing this much needed patch.

> Interesting idea, assuming someone with the right skills & mindset has
> time that could be converted into work with money"s help. I won"t
> manage this myself, but perhaps someone on the MAT community would be
> happy to. Please suggest this on the (public) mat-dev@??? mailing
> list :)

I think a few of our folks already did this. Maybe you can enforce that idea for us again? :)

Also, what happened to jvoisin? Is he still allive? Why is your merge request for the logo change sitting there since 7 months and not being merged? If no activity appears on the repo, noone will actually contribute to it. It's actually a cycle of doing something - getting seen with action - others contribute too. Working up the ladder, ya know? :)

One more thing: On the main page on mat.boum.org in section "Where does MAT live?" the debian package is still linked to the old tracker. Please change to the new one located at: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/mat

Again, we'd really love to see some progress on the repository and MAT coming back refreshed to Tails and Subgraph - maybe even add a small popup kindly asking for contributions via code, PaySafeCard or even Dash on the repository when first started. That would actually be a great way to animate developers using the tool to get their hands dirty (and get paid for it somehow).

We're baring with you and keep promoting MAT anywhere we can. Hope to see your merge request getting merged as soon as possible so that MAT slowly gets back on track. Cheers!

Blessings to all of you!

The SELBSTSCHUTZ activists from https://logr.org/selbstschutz