[movimenti.bicocca] Social Change, Marxism and Social Movem…

Autore: loris.caruso
To: movimenti.bicocca
Oggetto: [movimenti.bicocca] Social Change, Marxism and Social Movements (Cosmos Talks -seminar series 2016-2017)

Dear All,

It is a pleasure to inform you about the first sessions
of the COSMOS Talks -seminar series entitled "Social Change, Marxism and
Social Movements" in the academic year 2016/2017:

7 November 2016, 11
am, Florence, Palazzo Strozzi, Room Simone del Pollaiolo

John Holloway

_Now is the moment to learn hope. The grammar of revolt and research_

_Discussant: Cesar Guzman-Concha (Sns)_
__

_ _

18 November 2016,
14 pm, Florence, Palazzo Strozzi, Room Filippo Strozzi

Lucio
Baccaro

_Political Economy of the Euro Crisis: How Did We Get Here And
How Do We Get Out?_

_Discussant: Donatella della Porta (Sns)_
__

_SOCIAL CHANGE, MARXISM AND SOCIAL MOVEMENTS (COSMOS TALKS -SEMINAR
SERIES 2016-2017) _

In the years 2016-2017, the Cosmos Talks will be
mainly devoted to a specific theme concerning the relations between
"social theory, social change and social movements." Our research goal
is to reflect upon the mainstream theories of social movements in light
of the recent socio-economic changes occurred within capitalism. Our
main ambition is to trigger a scientific and public discussion able to
renew contemporary social theory by offering a more critical
perspective. During the seminar series, we would like the speakers to
reflect on to the following questions: What have been the main
transformations that have taken place within capitalist society over the
last thirty years? Which is the impact of such transformations on the
rise, development, and decline of contemporary social movements? How and
whether can we build a more integrated framework between social movement
research, and economic sociology? These are some of the questions that
we would like to address in the 2016-2017 edition of the Cosmos Talks.

Attached you find the full programme of the seminar series.

Best,

Lorenzo Cini & Loris Caruso

--

Dr Lorenzo Cini
Research Fellow

ITALY

Research Associate at COSMOS:
https://eui.academia.edu/LorenzoCini [1]

--
You received this
message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups