[movimenti.bicocca] CFP: What’s Left of 2011? Continuities a…

Autore: Lorenzo Zamponi
To: movimenti.bicocca
Oggetto: [movimenti.bicocca] CFP: What’s Left of 2011? Continuities and Outcomes of the 2011 Protests
Dear all,

please find below the call for our ISA panel *What’s Left of 2011?
Continuities and Outcomes of the 2011 Protests *at the Third ISA Forum 2016
in Vienna (http://www.isarc47.org/isa-forum-vienna-2016-call-for-papers/ )

Abstract proposals should be submitted before September 30th 2015 (via
*http://www.isa-sociology.org/forum-2016
<http://www.isa-sociology.org/forum-2016>*)

*3rd ISA Forum of Sociology *

*What’s Left of 2011? Continuities and Outcomes of the 2011 Protests*

*Session Organizer(s)*

Lorenzo ZAMPONI, European University Institute, Italy,
lorenzo.zamponi@???

Priska DAPHI, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Germany,
daphi@???
Though large protests often surprise observers, they hardly start from
scratch. Mostly, they are rooted in previous mobilisations. And often they
produce outcomes that in turn will influence future mobilisation. The panel
explores continuities and outcomes of social movements in the context of
the wave of protests for social justice starting in 2011 – including the
Arab Spring, the European anti-austerity mobilisations and the Occupy
movement. This perspective allows looking at protests not as isolated
events, but as part of a historical trajectory, considering both
antecedents and legacies. How did previous mobilisations affect this wave
of protest? How did the 2011 wave of protests influence more recent
mobilisations? What are the consequences of the 2011 protests for politics
more generally?
This panel hence will focus on movement continuities and outcomes, before
and after the 2011 protests. On the one hand, we are interested in the
contents of continuities and the role organisations, submerged networks,
abeyance structures, free spaces and other actors and mechanisms play in
ensuring this continuity. On the other hand, we aim to shed light on
outcomes both with respect to policy-making and political representation as
well as the effects on activists’ life-courses and movements’ internal
organization.

--
Lorenzo Zamponi, Ph.D.
Researcher