[cm-Roma] appello dal Brasile

Author: max81inbici
To: Cm-roma
Subject: [cm-Roma] appello dal Brasile
Vi inoltro un paio di messaggi che sono arrivati su una pagina facebook
in cui si parla di Critical Mass Roma...

Pedro ci scrive:

Dear friends of critical mass, I'm from São Paulo, Brasil, and last year
the City Hall started developing a system of bike lanes to encourage the
use of bicycles in our huge and violent capital for the cyclists. Last
week the Public Prosecutor's Office of our state forced the
constructions to stop, under the argument that the previous studies lack
information on the impact of such developments. We, cyclists, on the
other hand, know exactly what is going on. They want to protect the use
of cars which moves enormous sums of money in our city. The huge mass of
cyclists agree on the urgency of this plan and that it can encourage
lots of people to stop using their cars every day and start using their
bicycles. Next Friday, 28/march, we are going to the streets to fight in
a huge movement to stand up for our safety and to ask that the project
is resumed and not stopped as a little part of the government wants. So
i'm searching for help of all critical mass around the globe to go to
the streets in solidarity to São Paulo. So far we have found great help
within our country's borders, but we all agree that this international
support could be a huge boost to our requests. Thank you for reading, I
hope I have made myself clear.

Tati ci scrive:

Guys,

São Paulo needs nacional and internacional support!

Last year the City Hall started developing a system of bike lanes to
encourage the use of bicycles in our huge and violent capital for the
cyclists. Last week the Public Prosecutor's Office of our state forced
the constructions to stop, under the argument that the previous studies
lack information on the impact of such developments.

We, cyclists, on the other hand, know exactly what is going on. They
want to protect the use of cars which moves enormous sums of money in
our city. The huge mass of cyclists agree on the urgency of this plan
and that it can encourage lots of people to stop using their cars every
day and start using their bicycles.

Next Friday, 28/march, we are going to the streets to fight in a huge
movement to stand up for our safety and to ask that the project is
resumed and not stopped as a little part of the government wants.

So we're searching for help of all critical mass around the globe to go
to the streets in solidarity to São Paulo. So far we have found great
help within our country's borders, but we all agree that this
international support could be a huge boost to our requests.

Thanks for reading!

São Paulo:
https://www.facebook.com/events/330825983780594/

Aracaju: