[movimenti.bicocca] CFP: "Before and after taking the street…

Autore: Lorenzo Zamponi
To: movimenti.bicocca
Oggetto: [movimenti.bicocca] CFP: "Before and after taking the streets: Social movement continuity and social movement outcomes" ESA 2015 in Prague
Dear all,
Priska Daphi and I are organising a panel on social movement continuity
(part of the RN 25 on Social Movements) at the general conference of the
ESA that will take place in Prague from 25 to 28 August 2015.
The subsmission of abstract is open until *1st February *at this link:
http://esa12thconference.eu/abstract-submission

*Before and after taking the streets: Social movement continuity and social
movement outcomes*Chairs: Priska Daphi & Lorenzo Zamponi

Though large protests often surprise observers, they hardly start from
scratch. Mostly, they are rooted in previous mobilisations, and they tend
to produce outcomes which will have in turn an influence on future
mobilisation. This panel focuses on what happens before and after large
protests, addressing both the issues of movement continuity and movement
outcomes. On the one hand, we aim to shed light on the role of
organisations, submerged networks, abeyance structures, free spaces and
other actors and mechanisms in ensuring continuity between different waves
of protest. On the other hand, we intend to focus on outcomes with respect
to the effects on activists’ life-courses and movements’ internal
organization, beyond the traditional analysis of the movements' influence
on policy-making. We welcome contributions on the two topics and invite in
particular attempts to bridge them, aiming to analyse how the perceived
success or failure of previous mobilisation affects future activism.

Best,

Lorenzo Zamponi

--
Lorenzo Zamponi