[Occupyresearch] clarification re: server security

Author: stefi
To: List of the shared space for distributed research occupyresearch
Subject: [Occupyresearch] clarification re: server security
Everyone: Autistici/Inventati is an activist server with a strong security and privacy protection profile. I personally know the guys behind it. When we decided to go for Autistici and not for, for example, googlegroups, we did it based on our concerns for user privacy. For example, Autistici does not comply to the EU data protection legislation (according to which providers of electronic communications must collaborate with security forces in retaining and releasing the metadata concerning each and every communication of their users). It is much safer than any commercial server around.

In any case, should anyone still wish to get off the list and not been able to do so, I can take care of that. Just let me know. But do reconsider your activities in cyberspace, and inform yourself as to the risks connected to popular services such as Gmail, Yahoo and the like.

I am sorry I haven't taken care of the issue so far - have been traveling and with little internet access.
Stefania