Re: [ai-trans] offer to help

Author: Anne Roth
To: lista di coordinamento traduzioni A/I
Subject: Re: [ai-trans] offer to help
Hi obaz,

I tried the forum several times and there was *little* reaction, so I'm
not very confident about it.

I think the (my) main problem is that it's not easy to find things in
there. Yes, you can search, but in this case I think a good overview of
what is there and what is needed might be better?

obaz schrieb:

consider that most noblogs
> instructions should already be contained in the lifetype documentation
> (lifetype.net: we translated their howto into italian), so i don't know
> if it's worthwile to open a wiki or else on how to use noblogs, although
> there are some more people who are writing documentation, in Italian,
> about some specific features:
> http://infofreeflow.noblogs.org/category/tutorial

To me the Lifetype Wiki is only semi helpful: when I'm there I don't
know which features are installed for noblogs, and the decriptions
sometimes are quite geeky.

But already an overview of which plug-ins etc can be used, in English,
would be a good help, I think.

> since you've subscribed to the translators' list, i thought you wished
> to traslate our web pages into German, something that one of us is
> already doing but which requires some proofreading by a mother tongue
> speaker. do you think you could give us some time on this as well?

I subscribed because someone in #ai advised me to when I was looking for
help there and asked the same question about collaboration :).

I can proofread, of course. I took a full time job a while ago and so my
time is really quite limited. I wouldn't want to promise regular
translations, but proofreading is no problem.

> hope to read you soon :)

And! we're back to Italy in April, but again somewhere on a mountain, so
we probably won't get to meet anyone :(.

take care
Anne